When we consider all that the Bible says of who Jesus is, we realize he is bigger, deeper and more important than we often give him credit for. Consider how Jesus is described in these first two paragraphs. How are you challenged to think more highly of your Savior? Praise him this week for what you are either discovering or being reminded of.
As a start, here are some of the passages we discussed:
- Acts 3:22: “Moses said, ‘The Lord God will raise up for you a prophet like me from your brothers. You shall listen to him in whatever he tells you.”
- Hebrews 5:5–6: “So also Christ did not exalt himself to be made a high priest, but was appointed by him who said to him, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”; as he says also in another place, “You are a priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.””
- Luke 1:33: “and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”” (cf Ps 2:6)
- Ephesians 1:22: “And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church,”
- Hebrews 1:2: “but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.”
- Acts 17:31: “because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.””