Brian Borgman is founding pastor of Grace Community Church, Minden, NV (1993-present). He earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Biola University (La Mirada, CA), a Master of Divinity from Western Conservative Baptist Seminary (Portland, OR) and a Doctor
of Ministry from Westminster Seminary (Escondido, CA).
Brian and his wife Ariel have been married since 1987. They have three wonderful children, Ashley, Zach and Alex and several grandchildren.
Publications by Brian Borgman
- My Heart For Thy Cause: Albert N. Martin’s Theology of Preaching (Christian
Focus Publications, 2002);
- Feelings & Faith: Culivating Godly Emotions in the Christian Life
- Spiritual Warfare: A Biblical and Balanced Perspective , with Rob Ventura (Reformation Heritage Books, 2014)
- After they’re yours the grace and grit of adoption (Cruciform Press, 2014)
- and he is a contributor to the Women’s ESV Devotional Bible (Crossway, 2014)
- 5 Things You Can Bet Your Life On
- A Biblical Theology of The Fear of Yahweh
- A Few Words Concerning Law & Grace
- An Open Letter To A Friend Explaining Why I Am A Calvinist
- A Ministry Manual Primer
- Are Feelings Just The Caboose? Christianity.com
- Fulfilling the Great Commision Through an Apostolic Model of Ministry Training
- Give Me That Old Time Recovery
- I Love Thy Church O God!
- Minister’s Forum: Light from the Old Paths
- Liberation in the Twentieth Century
- Overcoming Fear, Anxiety & Worry TheGospelCoalition.org
- Recommended Commentaries
- Redeeming the ‘Problem Child’: Qoheleth’s Message and Place in the Family of Scripture (published in The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology)
- ReThinking a Much Abused Text (published in Reformation & Revival Journal)
- “Rethinking a Much Abused Text: 1 Cor. 3:1-15” published in Reformation and Revival Journal (Vol 11, Number 1, Winter 2002); The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology, Vol 15 No 3, Fall 2011
- “Redeeming the ‘Problem Child’: Qoheleth’s Message and Place in the Family of Scripture”
- Some Suggestions for Those Struggling with Divine Sovereignty (including Predestination and Election)
- Some Thoughts on Imprecatory Psalms
- Systematic Bible Reading Schedule
- The Anatomy of Obedience Notes
- The Biblical Doctrine of the Preservation and Perseverance of Genuine Christians
- The Foolishness of Preaching: The Relevance of Preaching to the Contemporary Church
- The Foundation and Form of the Prophetic Message
- The Variety and Value of the Greek Participle
- Why Church Membership?
- Redemption Accomplished and Applied
- Breaking the Idols of Your Heart: How to Navigate the Temptations of Life Pastor Brian’s review starts on the bottom left on page 116.
- A collection of reviews by Pastor Brian for the The Gospel Coalition
- James White’s review of David Hunt’s book What Love is This?
- See a list of Brian’s recommended commentaries on the Bible.
- John Piper and Desiring God Ministries
- Reformed Baptist Church Directory by John Farese.com
- Third Millennium, some great articles and resources on new issues, O.T., N.T., Church History, Theology and Practical Theology
- Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. Important ministry helping to defend the biblical view of men and women in the home and church.